Sorry I wanted to write here for a few months already. To ask for information. I've had a lot of info via people I actually met here in Launceston in the past 2 days.
Here are my plans:
* Food: 30kg / Gas: 4 canisters of 460ml (660gr) with MSR Windburner
* Equipment: camping, packraft, Kokatat expedition drysuit, Yowie, microspikes
* Video: Gopro, camera, tripod, battery packs
* Safety: EPIRB, Garmin Inreach
* Navigation: maps, compass, Garmn Inreach
TOTAL BACKPACK WEIGHT at THE START: 65kg.
Track me: https://eur-share.inreach.garmin.com/louphi
Base camp is Gmail account:http://www.louis-philippe-loncke.com/p/contact.html
Planned route but will probably paddle Lake St Clair & Derwent as I've been already to the KingWilliam 11 years ago*http://www.louis-philippe-loncke.com/20 ... -trek.html
* 11 years ago: a 49 days trek with 19 mountains climbed, unresupplied.http://www.louis-philippe-loncke.com/20 ... mania.htmlhttp://www.louis-philippe-loncke.com/20 ... go_23.html
My questions were:
* need crampons (real ones) for Ossa Climb. Well I'll do my best with Yowie/microspikes/trekking poles
* Cameraman at the start. The Tasmanian who host me is dropping me to Penguin today.
* Cameraman at the end: me or if I cross someone ?
* Cameraman / drone pilot for Ossa (filming in 4K)
* Help to packraft the upper gordon gorge (a bit further south of Rasselas, the entire gordon gorge to gordon lake) + potentially help to film a bit and even better if 2 people and 1 has/is a drone pilot for great images. Ready to pay decent for experience but fair. I don't have the budget of hollywood. I know it's too late now, especially for a drone but for sure someone very experienced in packrafting is welcome to help/join.
PS: No video commercial permit yet, rangers do know I'm there, I'll surely do if I intend to have a proper film with the rushes taken. A bit strange to apply/pay for a permit if I break my leg on day 1 and have to stop the expedition
Won"t be able to reply here before I return from the trip.