White Timber Mountain loop walk [Map & Photos]

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

White Timber Mountain loop walk [Map & Photos]

Postby ben.h » Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:03 pm

Full day loop walk from Mitchells Road, Crabtree.

White Timber Mountain is located in the hills behind Lucaston. A small part of this walk follows a part of the "Tasmanian Trail" so don't be surprised to see 4WDs in your travels. Tasmap: Longley 1:25000.

A rather long day walk. A longer alternative to end the walk can be to take Bakers Creek Trail down to Bakers Creek Road and eventually into Lucaston (literally hundreds of wallabies to be seen at the higher end of Bakers Creek Road near dusk).

WARNING: If taking the Bakers Creek Trail alternative (I've not plotted this on the map) you will need a lift back to your car!

WARNING++: If taking the Bakers Creek Trail alternative (I've not plotted this on the map) expect to spend the last 3 hours walking down a very steep decline, and, if you are unlucky enough (like me) you could end up with an ITBS (or ITBFS) injury (ouch!) which will take, at the least, a month to get over!

Allow 9 - 10 hours to complete.

Map, photos, (rough) gpx, elevation profile, a brief insight into the life of an Echidna, etc. available here:
http://www.sharemyroutes.com/routes/Aus ... tails.aspx
Last edited by ben.h on Sat 02 Feb, 2008 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ben.h
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: White Timber Mountain loop walk

Postby tasadam » Fri 01 Feb, 2008 7:18 am

ITBS?
ITBFS?
Perhaps if it can't be printed you might like to enlighten me with a PM... Maybe it's too early as I haven't had my 2nd coffee yet.
A month to get over? Sounds BAD!
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Re: White Timber Mountain loop walk

Postby ben.h » Fri 01 Feb, 2008 8:02 am

tasadam wrote:ITBS?
ITBFS?
Perhaps if it can't be printed you might like to enlighten me with a PM... Maybe it's too early as I haven't had my 2nd coffee yet.
A month to get over? Sounds BAD!

Iliotibial Band [Friction] Syndrome. In my case, I got the injury on the outside of the knee joint (feels like you've blown the side out of your knee).

A brief explanation here:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/msn/johnor ... ndrome.htm
ben.h
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Tasmania