Desktop version
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Re: Table Mountain At Last

Thu 20 Sep, 2012 5:46 pm

Thats what I saw. Its a must see up there for anyone with an appreciation of small local cottage industries. The signs are one thing, then theres the tree on the discreet winch (how convenient- a public road is now private). Best of all are the aggressive locals we encountered that dress like stereotypical fundamentalist christians.

Thanks for the warning about money crop planting season ILUV- I will make sure to a avoid Faulkner.

Re: Table Mountain At Last (and Mt Faulkner)

Wed 12 Dec, 2012 9:17 pm

I've been interested in climbing Mt Faulkner for a long time but after reading this thread gave up on the idea for a while (I'm sick of running the gauntlet on private property).
Yesterday, however, I was riding up Molesworth road and came across this sign on the side of the road. In not so many words it read something about private property, public access granted, track closed on the 3rd Sunday of June (or July) every year.

Street view:
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=594+M ... JA33c_--gg

Re: Table Mountain At Last (and Mt Faulkner)

Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:09 am

ben.h wrote:IIn not so many words it read something about private property, public access granted, track closed on the 3rd Sunday of June (or July) every year.

That is VERY interesting. Thanks for sharing. Anyone had a look at this track?

Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:59 pm

ollster wrote:
ben.h wrote:IIn not so many words it read something about private property, public access granted, track closed on the 3rd Sunday of June (or July) every year.

That is VERY interesting. Thanks for sharing. Anyone had a look at this track?

Go on... you know you want to.......

Fri 14 Dec, 2012 2:05 pm

Azza wrote:Go on... you know you want to.......

I'll have a look, it's certainly more reasonable than getting shot with a crossbow and cannibalised by the raving drug fiend locals.

Fri 14 Dec, 2012 2:56 pm

ollster wrote:
Azza wrote:Go on... you know you want to.......

I'll have a look, it's certainly more reasonable than getting shot with a crossbow and cannibalised by the raving drug fiend locals.

is Faulkner on the mainland?

Sun 18 Feb, 2024 7:39 am

Just a note for everybody who wants to climb Table Mtn and/or Woods Quoin. Serat Station (old access for Table Mtn) and its southern neighbour have been sold and the new owner is not bushwalker-friendly. Negotiations are being attempted but currently - and for the foreseeable future - there is no legal access to either peak.

Sun 18 Feb, 2024 8:12 am

Thanks for the update, nnw. I very recently tried to find out what's legal and what isn't for those peaks (and a couple of others up there), but didn't get anywhere.
Post a reply