Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Postby wondering wombats » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 7:28 pm

:twisted: We are a group of family/long time friends who started walking 14 months ago, we started as 6 but now nearly always 10, all near or over 50 we have had 13 walk with us over the summer. We now have some younger members of our families joining us & where permitted a dog. We share walk selection & planning in rotation and try to walk as a group every 3 weeks. We started walking mainly in the NW Coastal regions but are starting to plan longer walks with over night stays, but not bush yet. It's great, fun & very entertaining some times with colourful language when the little leaches appear. Our next walk is planned for this Saturday to Meander Falls.

wombat ian
wondering wombats
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby walkinTas » Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:21 pm

G'day Ian,

Its great to hear from you. Meander falls should be a great walk. Do let us know how it went won't you.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: new member

Postby Speculator » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 2:44 pm

wondering wombats wrote::twisted: We are a group of family/long time friends who started walking 14 months ago, we started as 6 but now nearly always 10, all near or over 50 we have had 13 walk with us over the summer. We now have some younger members of our families joining us & where permitted a dog. We share walk selection & planning in rotation and try to walk as a group every 3 weeks. We started walking mainly in the NW Coastal regions but are starting to plan longer walks with over night stays, but not bush yet. It's great, fun & very entertaining some times with colourful language when the little leaches appear. Our next walk is planned for this Saturday to Meander Falls.

wombat ian

Yeah, the Meander walk is one I haven't done yet, but it's on my list. The falls themselves can freeze this time of year if it's cold enough, I imagine that would be a sight! :)

L8r.
---
Peak bagging points: 10. Peak bagging bagging points: 10000.
Speculator
Optimus Imago
Optimus Imago

Re: new member

Postby Joe » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 3:57 pm

Speculator wrote:
wondering wombats wrote::twisted: We are a group of family/long time friends who started walking 14 months ago, we started as 6 but now nearly always 10, all near or over 50 we have had 13 walk with us over the summer. We now have some younger members of our families joining us & where permitted a dog. We share walk selection & planning in rotation and try to walk as a group every 3 weeks. We started walking mainly in the NW Coastal regions but are starting to plan longer walks with over night stays, but not bush yet. It's great, fun & very entertaining some times with colourful language when the little leaches appear. Our next walk is planned for this Saturday to Meander Falls.

wombat ian

Yeah, the Meander walk is one I haven't done yet, but it's on my list. The falls themselves can freeze this time of year if it's cold enough, I imagine that would be a sight! :)

L8r.

Got some photos through work the other day of meander falls taken this year by a local fly fisherman...frozen solid. was a speccy sight....made me think a wander in that direction was in order next big chill.
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby wotrack? » Sat 04 Aug, 2007 8:59 am

Good for you and yours Ian. I am really interested in great walks you might have found where I can take my dog. Especially ones closer perhaps to the central north such as Meander Falls. Am keen to follow your groups progress.
wotrack?
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Speculator » Sat 04 Aug, 2007 11:00 am

wotrack? wrote:Good for you and yours Ian. I am really interested in great walks you might have found where I can take my dog. Especially ones closer perhaps to the central north such as Meander Falls. Am keen to follow your groups progress.

The tiers make for a great place to walk, and most seem dog-friendly. We're always after walks we can take The Captain (pictured) on. For a small dog, he's done some tough walks in the past! :)

Last edited by Speculator on Sun 17 Apr, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Peak bagging points: 10. Peak bagging bagging points: 10000.
Speculator
Optimus Imago
Optimus Imago

Overnight Walks

Postby corvus » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 8:28 pm

G'day Ian,
Your walking group sounds really good ,for an easy "overnighter" you may well consider booking the Scout Hut on Cradle Mt for an introduction to slightly more difficult walks. based there you can access all of the day walks in the Mt area including Cradle its self and still get back to civilised accomodation for only $20.00 per head per night(less if you have any registerd Scouts in your family)there is a minimum charge of around $50.00 per night .
To book contact Richard Barnes ph 03 6429 1227 the hut accomodates 14 but regretably no dogs.
You only need food and bedding as everything else is provided including a resident Warden who can provide good advice if required.

Regards
Corvus
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Return to Tasmania