Trip in Singapore

Discussion of Bushwalking, Hiking, Trekking, Tramping, Rambling and Camping elsewhere around the world.

Trip in Singapore

Postby jaychong » Tue 17 Jul, 2012 11:53 am

Hi all,
First timer on the forum and I am after some information please!
I have looked at the frequently asked questions and information and I have no idea where to stay.
We are spending 2 nights in KL from our family holiday in pudu. After that we will travel Singapore.
Can anyone recommend a location and hotel ?? how how to travel from KL to Singapore.
I have 3 teenage daughters so shopping is on their lists.
Thanking you in anticipation
jaychong
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: no
Region: Queensland

Re: Trip in Singapore

Postby Walker » Tue 17 Jul, 2012 9:50 pm

Take the train from KL Sentral to Woodlands (Singapore) - fastest is 6 hours, then walk a few hundred metres and take the MRT for the rest. http://www.ktmb.com.my/index.php?option ... icle&id=57 Trains are cheap and clean. Though Buses (aka flying coffins, due to their frequent crash record due to speeding to beat the opposition) are much faster still.

For hotels, check out http://www.booking.com and others.

Or, if you have two teenage daughters, you might care to check THIS out.
Walker
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Trip in Singapore

Postby Rob A » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 9:21 pm

Check out Airasia. Flights are innexpensive. Yes they are reliable and safe. Rail to town from Terminal 2, or taxi is only Sng$15. Hotel 81 Bencoolin is pretty reasonably priced, shopping and most city stuff within walking, or take a bus, apprx one sng dollar, MRT, or if you are struggling, a cab sng$3 flagfall and about a buck every four k? Something like that. You'd be a keen tourinst to go for more than a day or two.

One tip. For Changi airport GST refunds, there is the old Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS), the new Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS), and retailers who do not sign up for the system, so prior to purchase make sure you ask whether they do, because without the ticket issued by the point of sale you wont be claiming any refund when leaving the country.
Every four seconds, somewhere in the world, an Harlequin Mills and Boon is sold ... Wot ...
Rob A
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to International