Starting out Northern NSW South East QLD

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Starting out Northern NSW South East QLD

Postby nuni and co » Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:47 am

Hi there peeps.
So im new to the forum and have just started out bush walking with our family and extended family.
Ive done a fair amount of hiking in NZ and given the bug to my children and best friend and her 2 children as well so we are looking at doing a multi day hike with them soon.
Im after any suggestions in the Northern NSW or South East QLD area that is suitable for kids (aged 5,6,7,9). We have done a few grade 3 walks which they are totally fine with.
One of the kids is very...... lets say exercise reluctant and although enjoys walking with us needs bits along the way to keep her excited and keen (pretty views etc).
Does anyone have any suggestions?
thank you
nuni and co
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Starting out Northern NSW South East QLD

Postby Maculata » Sun 04 Oct, 2015 7:58 pm

The Border Track in Lamington National park in Queensland should fit the bill.
Maculata
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby metastable » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 7:01 am

Agreed. Lamington would be the perfect place for that. I have a post here viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17784#p237764 about an overnighter I did with my 7yr old. Happy to answer any questions
metastable
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby ofuros » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 8:24 am

Twin falls circuit @ Springbrook, behind the gold coast is a goodie....about 4kms. Park at the lookout & go counter clockwise.
Its a cliff & rainforest stroll, walk behind a couple of waterfalls, check out a cave/overhang & zigzag back up to the lookout...my 2 & half year old boy loved it. 8-)
Watch out out for for windy rain showers in the afternoons, can get mighty cold at that altitude when soaked to the skin.

Sent from my X550 using Tapatalk
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby nuni and co » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 9:25 am

thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry I just found my post again.
We have done the twin falls circuit which turned out to be a winner and will be going back to do with all the kids as I only did it with my two (5 & 7). It was a clear winner with the kids.
We are doing a test walk in a couple weeks being dropped off at Sheepstation Creek and walking the Booyong track to stay overnight in Forests top campground.
Not a big walk but will be their first carrying their own gear, so just them getting a feel for it.
Looking forward to getting out there more!
Thanks for the ideas ill check them out
nuni and co
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT