The Coast Track RNP in Jan2015

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

The Coast Track RNP in Jan2015

Postby Obie2015 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 12:02 am

Hi all,

Love this site and have just joined. I will be visiting Sydney for Christmas 2015 and would like to walk the Coast Track straight after new years. I am an experienced walker and a 2 day walk is no problem for me but would be interested in any comments as to the amount of people on this track at this time of the year. I am happy to walk it on my own but would also be happy to have a walking companion if someone else is interested. I am a 40 something male and would be happy with a male or female to do the walk with. The Sydney heat at this time of year is not a problem for me. Any info would be appreciated or just a chat about past experience on this track. Is it better to start from Otford end or Bundeena?

EDIT: Sorry title should read Jan2016
Obie2015
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Northern Territory

Re: The Coast Track RNP in Jan2015

Postby LachlanB » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't forget that the only campsite on the Coast Track is at North Era, and NPWS don't want people camping outside of this spot. Unfortunately, it's run on a booking system rather than first come, first served. ATM it's booked out over weekends to late Oct/early Nov, so you should probably think about booking early if you have a particular date in mind (and especially if you want weekends).
LachlanB
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Obie2015 » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks Lachlan I will look into that now I am looking at night of the 3rd or 4th of January at the moment so will check those dates out with NPWS
Obie2015
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Northern Territory

Postby nomad99 » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 5:52 am

Hi Obie2015 would love to do the walk with you. Although not as experienced walker as you i am sure i coukd survive the walk. I live close to RNP but have never done this walk. Cheers
nomad99
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT