Faulconbridge to Blaxland

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Faulconbridge to Blaxland

Postby mjakm1997 » Sat 10 Sep, 2016 8:46 pm

http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-an ... nd.html#tn

Just looking at the track notes here, and wondering how clear the track from St Helena Ridge Lookout to the Blaxland Carpark is. Some feedback seems to suggest that it is quite overgrown and whatnot, but seeing as the latest comments are from over a year ago, I thought I'd seek a more recent opinion (if anyone has been lately).

Thanks in advance.
mjakm1997
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Faulconbridge to Blaxland

Postby DaveNoble » Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:15 pm

Well - its been a year or two since I went that way, but tracks do not change that much over that time period. The track you are after is known as the "Bullants Track" - the Bullants are a local running club. Its not well made nor well marked but not that hard to follow. It perhaps requires a bit more care on the last part as you descend to Glenbrook Ck. Once across the creek (easy - on boulders, unless the creek is in flood) - then you are on tourist tracks back to either Blaxland or Warramoo (Pippas Pass - Florabella Pass Track) - which is signposted.

The other track you can take is the one to the Duckhole - and this is a lot easier to follow, but further. It takes you to Glenbrook.

All these tracks are well marked on Open Street Maps. If you have a smartphone - the you can see your progress.

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Faulconbridge to Blaxland

Postby screenwatching » Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:42 pm

I did this one in June. Easy going most of the way but fairly steep getting down to Glenbrook creek, plenty of ribbons though to guide you. Just before you cross the creek there was a few metres of scrub to push through but not terrible. One you cross its clear and the track is wider and by using the track notes Matt provided it was easy to follow.
screenwatching
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT