Gloucester Tops Circuit - Beech Walk Section

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Gloucester Tops Circuit - Beech Walk Section

Postby jackattack » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 12:52 pm

Just after Christmas I drove up to Gloucester Tops to check out the Antarctic Beeches and to check out the roads before I bring back some mates. I did part of the Long route of the Beech Walk, starting at the road opposite the river walk, going clockwise and could not see the way over the second, or most northerly creek crossing. Due to the small loop people have made to double back to the track, seems others have had the same issue. Was given Top Walks In New South Wales - Ken Eastwood for Christmas. I did not read it before the work and wish I had because on page 257 it states that a section of the long loop was closed. I am a novice but not a complete novice - locals or regulars up there , does the Beech walk section of the Gloucester Tops circuit still have a closed section or did I miss something....?

Jack
jackattack
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Gloucester Tops Circuit - Beech Walk Section

Postby kjbeath » Wed 18 Jan, 2017 9:13 pm

I would ask the Gloucester office. If it is an admin person ask when a ranger is there. If it is closed then it should appear on the website as closed, which it doesn't.
kjbeath
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Gloucester Tops Circuit - Beech Walk Section

Postby jackattack » Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:36 pm

kjbeath wrote:I would ask the Gloucester office. If it is an admin person ask when a ranger is there. If it is closed then it should appear on the website as closed, which it doesn't.

Very good suggestion, I will call.
jackattack
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to New South Wales & ACT