GNW Cedar Brush Creek section

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

GNW Cedar Brush Creek section

Postby Cathm2 » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm about to continue with my walk, 2 questions..

Are dogs allowed in the section from Cedar Brush Creek to the Basin campsite? Am getting a lift and will take my friends dog if allowed.

Also what is the access on Watagan Creek Road? I know the road is closed but not sure where - when I do this bit I'll be trying to get a lift from the Laguna side.

Thanks!
Cathm2
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: GNW Cedar Brush Creek section

Postby Bron » Wed 03 May, 2017 10:56 pm

The Watagan Creek rd is closed due to the bridge being out, a little further up the valley from the GNW sign. The road in from the Walkers Ridge Forest Rd is in very poor condition anyway and it is quicker to come in via Laguna.

The GNW from Cedar brush Ck through to Watagan Ck is all in Olney SF so you can take your dog.
We once saw a whole litter of healthy feral puppies on the trail below Mt Warrawolong so obviously plenty of dogs there.

hope this helps.
Bron
Bron
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Rob Gosford » Thu 04 May, 2017 8:48 am

Cathm2 wrote:Are dogs allowed in the section from Cedar Brush Creek to the Basin campsite? Am getting a lift and will take my friends dog if allowed.
Thanks!

the way I've heard it is, dogs are banned from NSW National Parks and are 'welcomed' in NSW State Forests.
Because that section of walk is in Olney and Watagan State Forests, you should be good to go with pooch walking.

also.....
http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit/activities/dogs

many times when I've been walking in Brisbane Water National Park here locally, I've come across dogs being walked down firetrails/bush tracks......they shouldn't BE ! ggrrrrrrrr

8)
Rob Gosford
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby crollsurf » Thu 04 May, 2017 9:23 am

Planning the same walk with my dog. This is the only place I know of near Sydney where you can take your dog for a multi-day walk. Camped at the Pines and can assure you dogs are no worries in the State Forests up there.
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Cathm2 » Sun 07 May, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks for the replies...I took the dog and I didn't see any signs saying I couldn't. He had a great day - so did I apart from the odd leech! Next stage I'll ask my friends in Laguna for a lift.
Cathm2
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT