TSR- Have your say

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

TSR- Have your say

Postby Nuts » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 3:56 pm

No room for a wasted resource, $ to be made. Piggybank economics, delinquent re-imagining? Care for this historical access? Better have a say:

https://www.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw/ha ... -208728217
"The guides are all complaining there's mobile reception and hot showers," Godfrey laughs.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: TSR- Have your say

Postby davidf » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks Nuts. I have just moved to Lithgow and have a personal interest.
davidf
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Nuts » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 5:24 pm

davidf wrote:Thanks Nuts. I have just moved to Lithgow and have a personal interest.

No worries. I recall your interest (on here).
Imagine a network of recreational and wildlife corridors crossing the country. That would be something!
We all need more, not less.
"The guides are all complaining there's mobile reception and hot showers," Godfrey laughs.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Lindsay » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 6:11 pm

This interests me as there are several TSRs within a few ks of my place. But how do they work? Are they spaced so that stock could walk between them in a day, or are they only the remains of what once were continuous strips of land set aside for moving stock?
Lindsay
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Nuts » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 6:50 pm

They may be more fragmented in the east, those on the western slopes and plains form a continuous network from Qld to SA. The one on our front boundary at Bundarra was a nondescript wider road (100m) corridor, at least reaching further than the nearest towns, 20-30klm's away. Prime real estate. I understand , so far, these are mostly still intact?
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Lindsay » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm

Nuts wrote:They may be more fragmented in the east, those on the western slopes and plains form a continuous network from Qld to SA. The one on our front boundary at Bundarra was a nondescript wider road (100m) corridor, at least reaching further than the nearest towns, 20-30klm's away. Prime real estate. I understand , so far, these are mostly still intact?

Thanks Nuts. The nearest one to me is just a a large paddock by the main road. I did not know it was TSR until someone mentioned it to me. According to the map the next is about 10 ks away, one of a chain of small spaces stretching into the distance.
Lindsay

Return to New South Wales & ACT