Discovery Cave and The Passages of Time.

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Discovery Cave and The Passages of Time.

Postby Glenn 0361 » Fri 28 Jul, 2017 4:45 pm

I all
Any one know where Discovery Cave in the Budawangs Is. I know it is on the northern end of Danjerra Plateau but that's about all.
Glenn 0361
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Discovery Cave and The Passages of Time.

Postby clarence » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 9:20 am

I could find out from someone I know, but would not be willing to post such info on the net.

There was a map/publication drafted for the area many years ago, but those "in the know" apparently discouraged the potential publisher from disclosing the information to the wider public.

My suggestion would be to just go out and explore the general area for yourself- that is part of the adventure I think.

Clarence
clarence
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby Grabeach » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 5:16 am

Any one know where Discovery Cave in the Budawangs Is. I know it is on the northern end of Danjerra Plateau but that's about all.

No idea. But then again, I didn't even know that Danjerra Plateau is in the Budawangs :o
Grabeach
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tom_brennan » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 8:22 am

I'd say this is one that falls into the category of "Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks."

That said, there is certainly more information both on the internet and in places like the State Library, if you're prepared to do some research.
Bushwalking NSW - http://bushwalkingnsw.com
tom_brennan
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby clarence » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:00 pm

Somewhere between Danjera and Ettrema Creeks is the location (and I will not disclose any more for reasons mentioned earlier), so your original description of the northern Danjera Plateau is probably right.

I have never been to the Passages of Time myself, but have done a few extended trips in the general location. This area is one of those highly under-rated hidden bushwalking gems- so maybe just go out and see what you find.

Clarence
clarence
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to New South Wales & ACT