National pass - any news ?

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby jrg » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 2:27 pm

Can I confirm you can't access Vera and Hippocrene Falls at the moment from the Leura side, for example, because the part of Roberts Pass between Lindeman and the Vera Falls track is shut?

I was keen to do a walk out there at some point but looks like I'll go elsewhere - the options around WF are fairly limited at the moment.
jrg
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 05 May, 2012 5:47 pm
Region: New South Wales

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby wildwanderer » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 4:36 pm

jrg wrote:Can I confirm you can't access Vera and Hippocrene Falls at the moment from the Leura side, for example, because the part of Roberts Pass between Lindeman and the Vera Falls track is shut?

I was keen to do a walk out there at some point but looks like I'll go elsewhere - the options around WF are fairly limited at the moment.


Yes National Parks has banned people from the access routes to Vera falls from either Leura or Wentworth Falls. About the only way to visit them legally now is to somehow walk up Jamison Creek :x
User avatar
wildwanderer
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 8:42 am
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby LachlanB » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 8:41 pm

wildwanderer wrote:Yes National Parks has banned people from the access routes to Vera falls from either Leura or Wentworth Falls. About the only way to visit them legally now is to somehow walk up Jamison Creek :x


Enjoy the lawyer vine
LachlanB
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 5:07 pm
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby jrg » Tue 09 Jul, 2019 10:24 pm

Sorry to dig up an old post - it appears that Wentworth Pass and access to Vera/Hippocrene Falls has now reopened (but National Pass still remains closed between Valley of the Waters and Slacks Stairs), at least from the perspective that the National Parks website has changed its warning - can anyone confirm that who has been up there recently?
jrg
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 05 May, 2012 5:47 pm
Region: New South Wales

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby crollsurf » Wed 10 Jul, 2019 7:37 am

That's right, so you can walk Valley of the Waters down past Lahore Falls if you come in from the Conservation Hut. Was there on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
User avatar
crollsurf
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue 07 Mar, 2017 10:07 am
Location: Sydney
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: National pass - any news ?

Postby jrg » Thu 11 Jul, 2019 9:37 pm

crollsurf wrote:That's right, so you can walk Valley of the Waters down past Lahore Falls if you come in from the Conservation Hut. Was there on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


Thanks so much!
jrg
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 05 May, 2012 5:47 pm
Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to New South Wales & ACT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests