Private Property signs on Corang Loop

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Private Property signs on Corang Loop

Postby davidp » Fri 22 Jan, 2021 7:59 pm

Just a heads up that Bushwalking NSW is helping with this matter. Hopefully we will have a zoom meeting in late Feb if anyone is interested. It is important that not just the access issue is addressed but also that the natural wilderness values of Goodsell Creek are preserved
davidp
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby davidp » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 1:51 pm

Just to keep people up to date. Federation of Bushwalking Clubs has made some initial enquiries which have not proved successful. NPWS seems very uninterested. Just planning a zoom meeting if anyone is interested to help plan the next steps. Please PM me. I note many people are still walking into the lagoon and the track is easy to follow. Also people are visiting Goodsell Lookout on the way in via a now well worn track. . No one seems to be camping at the Lagoon any more however which is probably not a bad thing as it has become a little eroded.

Also if anyone wants to buy a block of land (old pine forest) at Cockpit swamp send me a PM. I have heard of some coming up for sale in July. It would be great if someone "eco" bought it with a view to rehabilitation as it currently looks so ugly. The dead pines are currently being removed.

Also : the Keep Corang Open facebook group is about to reach 200 members - Please tell your friends.
davidp
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby wildwanderer » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 7:00 pm

wildwanderer
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to New South Wales & ACT