Public Transport Access Multi-Day

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Public Transport Access Multi-Day

Postby stigofthedump » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi all,
I have the 22nd to 27th free to occupy myself and was keen to head out on a multiday bushwalk. As i don't have a car it needs to be easily accessible by public transport so was leaning towards Katoomba to Kanangra return or a slow Three Peaks loop. Given the recent storms i'll be keeping an eye on the weather but I'm slightly more concerned about the heat. I have a reasonable idea of where i'll be able to find water but thought i'd reach out to those with more knowledge as to whether some other walks might be worth considering. I'm keen to do something long and off track (not Six Foot Track) rather than a bunch of consecutive day walks from a base.

I'll have appropriate kit and will be pretty light (bivvy/hammock instead of tent). Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
stigofthedump
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Public Transport Access Multi-Day

Postby clarence » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 9:06 pm

Blue Mountains is best- many options all round- just a couple of hours on the road to get to the bush.

Lots of options through the Wild Dogs, Gangerang range etc.

Another option is the Tallong/Bundanoon area. There are some excellent loops down in to the Shoalhaven and tributaries. About 7km from Tallong Station to top of Badgerys Spur. Trains much less frequent than in the Blue Mountains though.
clarence
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to New South Wales & ACT