Aussie 10

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Aussie 10

Postby JennaB2 » Mon 15 Apr, 2019 9:25 am

Hi there! I’m new to this forum so hopefully posting this in the right place.

I’m looking to do the Aussie 10 over two days but without camping along the trail. I’ve seen that there are a couple of companies that do this and cover 6 in the first day and 4 on the second but I’ve not been able to find anything specific on this. Has anyone done it this way and can assist?

Many thanks

Jenna
JennaB2
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Aussie 10

Postby Mark F » Mon 15 Apr, 2019 8:42 pm

There are effectively two one day loops that will capture the "top 10". The Ramsheads, Etheridge and Kosciuszko can be done as a loop out of Thredbo or a bit longer out of Charlottes Pass, while the remainder can be captured in a longer day out of Charlottes Pass along the Blue Lake circuit with an extension to Byatts Camp, Abbotts, and Townsend and a detour to Tywnam and the very dubiously named Mt Dubious (unofficial)which is a high point on the Watsons Crags ridge . My own thoughts are that Alice Rawson Peak is really just a pimple forming the break of slope on the ridge running north of Mt Townsend and is very hard to justify as a peak. If you get a good start on day 1 you may be able to include the Townsend group on that day and have a much easier day 2.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Aussie 10

Postby mirv2535 » Mon 22 Apr, 2019 11:50 pm

We came across 2 guys doing it over 2 days while we were walking up Hannels Spur 3 weeks ago, which they were using as the access and exit
mirv2535
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT