Mount Dargal Kosciuszko National Park

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mount Dargal Kosciuszko National Park

Postby mirv2535 » Mon 22 Apr, 2019 11:44 pm

Has anyone climbed Mount Dargal, what approach did you take to climb it, the ridge above Snakey Plain Creek or from the Snakey Plain?How was the scrub?
Thanks
mirv2535
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Mount Dargal Kosciuszko National Park

Postby Zapruda » Tue 23 Apr, 2019 7:58 am

mirv2535 wrote:Has anyone climbed Mount Dargal, what approach did you take to climb it, the ridge above Snakey Plain Creek or from the Snakey Plain?How was the scrub?
Thanks

I've been up Big Dargal and over to Dargal Mountain from Wheelers hut then down Snakey Plain creek to Snakey Plain trail.

It was VERY scrubby and there was no footpad from Wheelers to Big Dargal - Not worth it.

If I did it again I would just go up and down to Dargal Mountain from Snakey Plain trail. Still scrubby but nowhere near as steep.
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Mount Dargal Kosciuszko National Park

Postby rcaffin » Tue 23 Apr, 2019 9:56 am

We approached it from Wheelers via the fire trail. Yes, there was 'a bit of scrub'. There was not much view to be had either. Won't repeat the climb.
Camped on plain below Dargal near the FT. Winter tent, and it did snow later on.
1623.jpg
1623.jpg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 4892 times

Cheers
rcaffin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to New South Wales & ACT