Advice re parking- Rowleys Hut

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Advice re parking- Rowleys Hut

Postby kanangra » Wed 07 Dec, 2011 3:25 pm

I plan on doing a walk from Rowleys Hut up the Lone Pine Trail and eventually back via the Yaouk Trail in the Northern Kosci. after Christmas. I have not visited Rowleys Hut before and was wondering if it is possible for the public to park there? I was also wondering how secure things were there? I will be out 4 days and if the risk is to great I might attempt to contact a nearby property owner? Any suggestions?

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Advice re parking- Rowleys Hut

Postby kanangra » Fri 13 Jan, 2012 9:10 am

I thought I should report that I have answered my own question. I parked at the foot of the Lone Pine trail where there was ample room off to the side of the road. On my return there were a number of horse riders camped just down the road which suggested it may have been a Crown reserve but I could see no sign. Rowleys Hut is well in off the road but I am not sure if it is on private property? There are no signs at the hut itself although there are private property signs on gates in the fence off to one side. There are no fences, gates or signs on the block that the hut is on. Parking looks relatively safe here but I am not sure of the status of the land itself?

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby north-north-west » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 5:59 pm

OK, now I'll add to the questions: Did you just ignore the sign on the gate that said 'Private Road', or is there another route in other than Kennedy's?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby kanangra » Wed 25 Jan, 2012 9:06 am

No I took Kennedys but saw no such sign. There was a sign at the gate near the house that said all gates after this locked but I don't think the road itself is private?

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to New South Wales & ACT