2 nights at Wilsons Prom

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

2 nights at Wilsons Prom

Postby Watertank » Wed 17 Sep, 2014 8:59 pm

I am hiking the Prom with my fit 20 year old children in October. We have 2 nights available - I am planning day one Telegraph Saddle to Sealers then Refuge Cove and stay overnight at Refuge. I have never walked the track down the east coast to the Lighthouse so I would like to know whether Refuge to Roaring Meg is a stretch in a day? - if it is ok we will stay overnight at Roaring Meg and walk out the next day. I would dearly like to see the east coast - any suggestions of other itineraries are welcome.
Watertank
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: 2 nights at Wilsons Prom

Postby anne3 » Thu 18 Sep, 2014 10:23 am

I have done this loop in January with out a problem (It was very warm/hot). I am fairly fit an 45
Walking the walk
anne3
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: 2 nights at Wilsons Prom

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Fri 19 Sep, 2014 8:54 pm

Refuge Cove to Roaring Meg is L O N G day of hiking ( about 26 KM) with some decent hills included such as Kersop's peak and the ascent from Waterloo bay beach up and up and up the SE track heading for the Lighthouse. I walked the track from R. Meg to Little Waterloo bay in a day, during the first w/end in Sept.' 14 & that was plenty for me.
paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.Mt.Bogong Club.

Return to Victoria