Hardest Mountains/Walks in Vic

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Hardest Mountains/Walks in Vic

Postby Orbita_Serenitatem » Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:32 pm

Thanks for this post - I was intending to take my 13yr son up Bungalow Spur for a two day overnighter on the Razorback - it is usually my biannual foray to visit Feathertop at Easter... amongst the other thousands - then in the alternate years I go up Bogong/Ropers etc. - It has now been delayed much to my sons relief.

It's is a beautiful walk in the morning, Bungalow Spur - usually I cheeky cowboy camp at Bungalow Trailhead overnight - then do the spur next day pass Fed Hut and down Diamatina Spur to camp along the West Kiewa at Blairs Hut.

Day two up to Westons, then off to Young's for the night. Day three is down to Dibbins, up to Deriks and across to Bon Accord.

I think descending Bon Accord Spur down to Harrietville with a few kms already on your legs is just bearable, but the meal at Harrietville Hotel drives you on!
Orbita_Serenitatem
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 9:42 pm

I just did Hannel's Spur over Easter 2019. It was really hard.I will issue a trip report soon.
paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.

Postby Xplora » Mon 29 Apr, 2019 7:37 am

paidal_chalne_vala wrote:I just did Hannel's Spur over Easter 2019. It was really hard.I will issue a trip report soon.

Very good but has the Victorian State boundary been moved north?
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Previous

Return to Victoria