Richards Tramline - anybody done it?

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Richards Tramline - anybody done it?

Postby dougal73 » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi all

As per subject, the Richards Tramline (near Warburton). Given how much I have enjoyed the Walk into History nearby I thought this could be a good one to try out. Information seems quite scant though. So, has anyone done it? Any feedback, hints, tips etc would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
dougal73
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Richards Tramline - anybody done it?

Postby MickyB » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 2:41 pm

dougal73 - PM sent
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby GregR » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah did the track about 12 months ago. Did it as a out and in walk. OK, but nothing to write home about. Much prefer the other WIH walks and others around Poweltown. Glad I did it tho, the mine/quarry that we used a turnaround point was interesting. Easy track to follow. If I do it again is turn it into loop or a car shuffle.

Cheers
GregR
GregR
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby dougal73 » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 6:46 pm

Ok, interesting. Thanks. May have a looksie anyhow.
dougal73
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Joris » Mon 27 Nov, 2023 9:07 am

Hi folks, walked the length of Richard's Tramline a few days ago, starting at Big Pat's Creek Picnic Area and returning via Mississippi Creek Road. Trail in good condition, with only the odd toppled tree to be traversed. Largely dry underfoot, but all creeks running (very) well (and probably more so now what with significant rainfall in the ranges this week). Plenty of bird life about, with Common Cicadabird, Olive-backed Oriole, Super Lyrebird, Gang-gang Cockatoo, Brush Cuckoo and Satin Flycatcher the highlights. For those unfamiliar(ish) with the area - the tramline would make a great segment for an overnight loop via the Ada Tree, Starlings Gap and the main Walk Into History section between the latter and Big Pat's Creek.
Joris
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Victoria