Harrietville to Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Harrietville to Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham

Postby NreeK » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 7:21 am

Hi to all reading this,
I am planning a hike 'Harrietville to Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham to Harrietville' in early May 2018. I would plan to go earlier, but that's the only time my mate from QLD can get down here.... so we might end up doing some snow hiking... or at least it might get very cold. So I have a couple of questions, both about gear as I've never hiked in seriously cold conditions.
Tent: will the zpacks duplex cut the mustard in such conditions (for those of you who know the tent)?
sleeping bag: I have a Sea to Summit EB2 quilt... which has been disappointing (nowhere near the rating they claim for it) and so I need to get a better quilt. Does anyone have any suggestions.
I imagine I'll have more questions leading up to the hike so thanks ahead of time!
Cheers,
NreeK
NreeK
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Harrietville to Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham

Postby neilmny » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:13 am

If it's a quilt you are looking for have a looks athese viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26267&view=unread#p331997 and these viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24995#p318916
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Harrietville to Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham

Postby NreeK » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:46 am

Hi Neil,
thanks very much for the thread links... those quilts look perfect. I'll be getting one.
Thanks again
NreeK
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Victoria