Desktop version
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Re: Heathy Spur to Mt Bogong and on to Bogong Village

Sat 24 Mar, 2018 6:14 pm

Yes, back to Ropers would have been the better option. We were both only thinking bruising and fatigue until camp the first night...

Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:04 pm

We met some walkers on top of Mt. Bogong on the Labour day weekend in March 2018 who said the Black possum spur track is a jungle gym and a 1km per hour slog through endless fallen timber and thick scrub. Having walked up it they were planning to walk down it because they had left their car/s near the bottom of that route.

Sun 25 Mar, 2018 4:47 am

Well done to both given the injuries and some choices of campsites. CC hut water has stopped and huts are not really necessary. I hazard a guess the walking track from Mt. Arthur to Black Possum spur track could be the area which is overgrown. BP spur track is a management road so it should be OK.

Sun 25 Mar, 2018 10:44 am

I got the same information about Black Possum track, possibly from the same person... He certainly wasn't enthusiastic about it when I spoke to him. I'm still curious to walk that section and into or through Bogong Village... A trip for another time.

Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm

The Southern Prom is always crowded. The BHP and feeder routes are big enough to allow people some space. Give Long Spur a go next time.
Post a reply