Duane Spur

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Duane Spur

Postby Hutchie » Sun 14 Nov, 2010 9:25 am

Anyone been up or down Duane Spur (and the T Spur for that matter) in the last few weeks? I'd been reading that Duane's had suffered a lot of fallen trees post stormy weather? Has any clearing taken place yet?

Any knowledge greatly appreciated.

Andrew.
Hutchie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Duane Spur

Postby ricknsue » Sun 14 Nov, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Andrew,

We walked from Hotham to Thredbo in the past couple of weeks. Rained for 13 of 17 days.
Duane spur resembles a mine field, there are a lot of trees down. It took us nearly 3 hours to get down to Big river. The river was running high and fast. I am 178cm and it was to the top of my thigh.
T spur is pretty clear, just *&%$#! steep.
Enjoy your walk.
Rick
ricknsue
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Hutchie » Sun 14 Nov, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks Rick,

Was going to complete the loop from Bogong to Ropers and back via Quartz Ridge, but if thats the case id rather not deal with a mine field and a climb at the same time. Might just stay high and dry at Cleve Cole for a few days instead.

Bummer to hear about a rainy 17 days, with any luck the weather might start to come good soon.
Hutchie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Postby gmac » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 9:37 pm

Was up at Bogong on the weekend and whilst camped at Cleave Cole 2 walkers from the US doing the AAWT mentioned that it appeared that some maintenance work had been done on Duane Spur.They had spent the day walking from Cope Hut via Big River and spent the night at Cleave Cole and were 20 days into their allocated 40 day walk.

Regards

Gary
gmac
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Return to Victoria