Less travelled suggestions for O/N trip near Sunshine Coast

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Less travelled suggestions for O/N trip near Sunshine Coast

Postby Osik » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi All
I'm visiting the family on the Sunshine Coast just before Easter. Hoping to do an overnight walk with my dad before the whole clan gets together. Time is a bit short so looking to find something within about 2 hours drive of Buderim (preferably avoiding driving through Brissie).
We've both walked the great walk sections up on the hinterland & paddled and camped the noosa everglades many times so looking for something different. Access by kayak is fine (preferably flat water as won't have a car shuffle). Off-track is also fine, so long as it isn't super steep or too scrubby (dad's aerobic fitness is reasonably good, just not so confident on steep rock). Over the last couple of years we've done day walks & a 3 day offtrack circuit on Ben Lomond in Tassie, and day trips up in the Kimberley together so I have a pretty good idea of what's good challenging/ pushing it too far.
A paddle option may be to padde across to Lime Pocket on Bribie but would love any other suggestions. Atmosphere & wilderness takes precedence over distance walked/paddled!
Would love to hear any suggestions, if they're sensitive areas happy to receive a PM. Thanks!
Osik
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Northern Territory

Return to Queensland