Sundown

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Sundown

Postby gbagua » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 7:18 pm

We will finish unfinished business (Mt Donaldson + McAllisters Ck) on the w/end 27-28 of this month. Looking forward to hiking the park again now that weather has really cooled off. Let's hope there is WATER this time around.

[quote="weeds"]Heading into Sundown this weekend for an overnighter.....

What are you planning to do?
gbagua
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby weeds » Tue 16 Apr, 2019 7:42 pm

gbagua wrote:
What are you planning to do?

Done and dusted

It was a casual overnighter, three couples and it was the first overnight hike for one hiker.

We parked up at Nundubbermere Falls carpark.

Walked upstream along the Severn River for a swim at ??????? Holes or Tanks waterhole. The others are very keen climbers and spotted an good opportunity for some deep water solo/free climbing. We had a swim while watching the climbers in action.

Than it was up over the hill to a water hole called Bee Hive on the Severn and set up camp. Explored down river for a kilometer or two... went for another swim than back to the campsite.

Our leader was also keen to catch dinner, ended up cooking a yellow belly and a silver perch, quite tasty.

Walk out on the Sunday by following the Severn upstream to our start point. A couple of more swims (I practiced floating my pack across the river) , some boldering, a scramble to check out a cave, Monday Falls than the short slog up to the carpark.

Beers and pizza at the Brass Monkey Brewery.

A good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
weeds
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby gbagua » Wed 17 Apr, 2019 7:55 pm

Very relaxed, too relaxed I'd say but as long as you had fun that's what counts the most. No swimming for us though; it's going to be a lot chillier.
gbagua
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Previous

Return to Queensland