Border Track

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Border Track

Postby bumper » Sun 14 Oct, 2012 8:02 pm

Is anyone interested in joining a fairly fit 51 year young male in doing the border track,
From Binna Burra to oreillys camping overnight to return the next day?
My wife dosen't want me to walk alone.
Cheers Greg.
bumper
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Border Track

Postby under10kg » Sun 21 Oct, 2012 11:50 am

I might be interested in the fountain falls route and back the border track assuming you have a bit of off track walking?
Walking alone on the border track is very easy to do alone.
under10kg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Border Track

Postby KrazyKeith » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 8:27 pm

Nearer the coast, we walked another section of the NSW/QLD border fence track today, September 28, 2014. Accessed the track from the gate just past No 447 Piggabeen Rd (QLD) but several hundred metres before the far SW corner of the Ecovillage Highlands. Then we followed the McPherson Range Ridge towards the coast and, according to the old Currumbin topographical map we ascended Mount Boololagung (sounds like it should be in Bali !) [158 M] and on to Mount Moolamba [107 M] and on to Mount Bilinga [107 M] and then, with Currumbin Fair laid out on our left and Cobaki lakes laid out on our right we terminated at Mount Woodgee [99 M] where the Tuscan Mansion belonging to Mrs Billabong doth bestride the border fence track just a few hundred metres from the Pacific Motorway.

I'd estimate this walk at about 6 k each way, total time slightly over 3 hours. Benefits: some really good views to admire
in all directions, well drained wide track for easy footfall. Downsides: you have to retrace your steps to vehicle unless
you can arrange a drop off, surprisingly persistent mosquito attacks (probably exacerbated by rains the day before) and do
look out / listen out for the odd trail bike rider.
KrazyKeith
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Return to Queensland