Running Creek Falls via Stretcher Track

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Running Creek Falls via Stretcher Track

Postby dis » Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:36 pm

We did an exploratory walk to Running Creek Falls via the Stretcher Track over the weekend. While we didn't reach the falls (ran out of time due to a late start), the stretcher track is currently in good condition as it has been recently cleared and is fully taped. The track that leaves the Stretcher Track and descends down to Running Creek is also fully taped (however, is rough, trackless and is full of lawyer vine and follows a rough creek bed as it descends). Here is a GPS export of how far we made it (16.5km return).

runningcreekfalls1.gif
runningcreekfalls1.gif (140.07 KiB) Viewed 2966 times

Please let me know if you are interested in walking this route to the falls as I would love to complete it. We would need to leave Stinson Park by 7am, so I would recommend camping the night before. Once we reach the junction of England and Running Creek, I believe it is a short 600m rock hop upstream to reach the falls. The hike is tough though and involves over 1000m of ascent.
dis
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Queensland