Please help me identify a Binna Burra track

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Please help me identify a Binna Burra track

Postby bex » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:00 am

About 20 years ago I would consider myself an active bushwalker and spent a lot of time bushwalking the tracks in Binna Burra. On of my favourite tracks gave view to a beautiful waterfall in the distance (not close like Lower Ballanjui Falls) and guessing a fall drop of around at least 70 meters or more. The walk would take less than a day, I don't recall if 'circuit' or 'out and back'. I do recall having to cross some very narrow creeks, could almost step over most. The track began just beyond the kiosk.

I would like to revisit this track and photograph the lovely falls, but can not recall the name of the track. Anybody out there able to help this old timer???

Thank you!
bex
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Please help me identify a Binna Burra track

Postby Champion_Munch » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 6:51 am

Hi bex,

The only thing that comes to mind for me is Ballanjui falls viewed from Charraboomba Rock (see horrible old grainy photo below).

Cheers,
Munch
Attachments
Binna Burra 2010 022.JPG
Binna Burra 2010 022.JPG (168.66 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Champion_Munch
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Please help me identify a Binna Burra track

Postby bex » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 9:12 am

Champ,

Thanks for the reply! Since my posting I've investigated a bit more and think I was viewing the Yarrabilgong Falls or Coomerra Falls from the Coomera circuit track. However, the photo you posted of the Ballunji Falls from Charraboomba Rock looks very interesting and well worth a visit. Thank you for the tip, much appreciated!

bex
bex
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Queensland