Mt Bithongabel overnight

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mt Bithongabel overnight

Postby Lazy J » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:35 pm

[youtube][/youtube]Went up to Lamington on an overnighter with my brother. It was fantastic, the Bithongabel campsite is only about 6kms in from the start of the Border Track. We got there, set up and tents and then spent the rest of the time wandering around. Clouds came down over night and our gear was soaked but wouldn't change a thing. That morning air in the mountains when its heavy with mist is the best.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/MbAGwmxkU4k[/youtube]
Lazy J
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Mt Bithongabel overnight

Postby Moocattle » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 10:00 pm

Such a nice spot!
Jealous of the snail find - not sure what they are. Only saw a few glow worms and a singular swaini in 6hrs last time I was night hiking down that way :( .
If you're interested in them you'd get a lot of info from the 'snails of austraila' page on fb (in fact anyone who likes critters should check it out). John Stanisic and Michael Shea (From the QLD Museum and authors of Australian Land Snails) along with a lot of other knowledgable folk frequent it, and provide super in-depth and interesting info on anthing posted.
Moocattle
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: Mt Bithongabel overnight

Postby Lazy J » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm

Yeah I'm definitely going to look those snails up, they were pretty cool. Saw the glow worms in the undergrowth and the roots of the Antarctic Beech - but they didn't film too well!
Lazy J
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Queensland