Overland Track 25-30 September

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Overland Track 25-30 September

Postby tassieexpat84 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi there.

I'm looking for bushwalking companions for the end of September (25-30) to do Overland Track, with a possible side trip to the Labyrinth, depending on time, weather and motivation. I'm coming from Melbourne (but I am Tasmanian) and will be in the state between the 24th of Sept and 2nd of Oct. I'm a easy going 35 yo male primary teacher on school holidays. I've done the South Coast Track and various other multi day walks in Tassie. Most of my family lives in Tassie, so we will have transport to drop us off and pick us up. I'd put up a post before (about 3 months ago) which might have been jumping the gun a little bit! Apologies to those people who posted but had to wait so long for a reply - if you're still available, give me a yell. Also, I'm going to be doing the Western Arthurs in December if anyone is interested in that one.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards.

Will
tassieexpat84
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Overland Track 25-30 September

Postby Juliamanning » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 3:50 pm

Dear will,
I'm still thinking about whether these dates will work for me. Can you explain your plans a bit more ie. R u flying to Hobart or Launceston? What date and from where r u getting a lift to start walk? Could I fly down on 25.9 or would it have to be 24th or 23rd? Would your family also be cajoled into picking us up from end and ? Dropping at airport?
More details please
Julia
Juliamanning
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: South Australia

Re: Overland Track 25-30 September

Postby sjkwiatka » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Will,

I am a 30yo go with the flow female currently in NSW and interested in backpacking the Overland Track. My schedule is highly flexible and can fit to yours. Are you still looking for a walking companion or companions? I have a backpack, sleeping bag, emergency bivy, first aid kit and warm layers, but no tent. Do you have a tent, and if so, would you be willing to share if needed?

Sincerely,
SJ
sjkwiatka
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport