SE Qld hiking companions wanted!

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
Please lock your own topics in this forum using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page when you are no longer looking for walking companions (or when your walk is completed). You cannot lock other people's topics, and only moderators can unlock topics.

Topics which appear to have expired may be locked by admins/mods without notice.

TIP: The Bushwalk Meetup Tool can assist groups to choose between dates and/or routes for proposed walks.

WARNING: This site, including its administrators, moderators and members, cannot take responsibility for the character or behaviour of anyone you meet using this or any forum, no matter what their rank, membership status, or any other quality that may appear in the forums. Keep in mind that some people may deliberately use the internet, including these forums, to give a false impression of themselves in order to gain your trust. It is entirely your own responsibility to establish the trustworthiness of anyone you choose to walk with, whether you meet them here or anywhere else.

WARNING: This site is not a walking club, and any walks arranged using this forum or any other page are entirely the responsibility of the individual walkers. Each walker is entirely responsible for themselves and should plan to walk independently, even if walking with other people. Any cooperation between individuals is entirely the responsibility of those individuals, and should be clearly communicated between themselves, and has nothing to do with this site's administration and moderation team. No element of cooperation should be assumed.

WARNING: Walkers under the age of 18 who are not accompanied by their parents or legal guardians, and anyone else walking with such people, would do well to discuss legal responsibilities with the under 18's parents or legal guardians, so that all parties understand what expectations and responsibilities are in place. It is up to each individual to make their own arrangements, and no responsibilities should be assumed without explicit agreement.

SE Qld hiking companions wanted!

Postby aki » Sat 11 May, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi! I'm keen to find some hiking companions in SE Qld for day, overnight & multi-day hikes. I'm based on the northern end of the Sunshine Coast, and would like to do a lot more exploring of areas within a day drive of here (that's a lot of exciting options!). I work a rolling shift-work roster, so have 3.5 days off every week for adventures. Unfortunately, these are often weekdays, making it much harder to find companions, hence the need for this note...

I'm female, mid 30's, fit, fairly experienced in hiking, easy-going and restful company (apparently), extensive first aid training, have lightweight hike/camp gear, 4wd van, sit-on-top kayaks x2.

The catch? I'm a photographer... so sometimes frustrating to those who prefer a fast hike :)

Ideally, I'd be so happy doing one decent multi-day hike and at least one or two day/overnight trips per month... that seems like a pretty good work-life balance :) Also, have 3 weeks holiday coming up in early August... keen to have a big adventure (so any suggestions appreciated)!

My interests run along the lines of conservation, environmentalism, low-impact travel and getting a long way away from the beaten track.

I'd love to talk to any of you who might be interested & see if we'd get along... looking forward to hearing from you!
"Let's just see what's around the next bend..."
aki
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: SE Qld hiking companions wanted!

Postby Monkeymagic » Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:40 am

bit old on the post but im keen somewhat new but i hike some what haha
Monkeymagic
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Re: SE Qld hiking companions wanted!

Postby IWander » Fri 23 Aug, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi aki, I just joined this group today (after doing an online seach for bushwaking buddies/companions).

I live about half-time at Boreen Point (down in Brisbane too much!) and am keen to get some walks in before the weather heats up again. I'm male, early 40s and reasonably fit (into walking, cycling and kayaking), and have all my own outdoor and camping gear. I'm pretty easy-going and just like to get out in the wild whether it's for an afternoon or a couple of days. My ute is out-of-action at the moment so I'm reliant on my legs and public transport!

Yesterday I crossed Lake Cootharaba and walked up Seawah hill, and thought it'd be nice to do some or all of the Cooloola Great Walk. I need to regain a bit of hiking fitness so would prefer half-day or full-day walks at this stage; an overnighter too but a big hike would test me. Feel free to get in touch if you're interested (dunno how this board works for contacting other meeebrs but if there isn't an option to contact me directly then you can e-mail me: "olek5" at that large lake that Telstra has, ending only in .com).
IWander
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport