Hiking partners in SA

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Hiking partners in SA

Postby whitefang » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 12:07 pm

Hey!

Is there anyone around Adelaide that's looking for some more people to hike with on both day and overnight trips? I'm looking for some more friends who like to hike.

A little about me: I'm 23 and have been hiking for the last three years, mostly in South Australia as day hikes and some overnight sections of the Heysen Trail (Cape Jervis to Tanunda),but have completed a few walks in NZ too. My daily distances are usually between 0-35km but I am happy to push harder when needed and over time I'm looking to increase my fitness so I can average 30km+ days consistently. This year my plans are to continue walking as many sections of the Heysen Trail as possible before looking at doing thru hikes of the Bibbulmun and Larapinta.

If you're interested in meeting up and possibly hiking together send me a message.

Happy trails,

whitefang.
whitefang
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Re: Hiking partners in SA

Postby robert allison » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:15 pm

hi there,
I've been looking for someone fast to walk with in SA for awhile as the local groups can be a bit... leisurely. I'm keen if you wanna do some long K's and at some point in the future id like to go up to Mawson Plateau as the recent rains have filled up the area. BTW I'm 17 and have walked most of the trails in SA and a lot of throughout the victorian alps. I'm a rower and a bit of a ultralight nerd with base weight ~4.3kg.
Regards,
Robert Allison (stalk me on facebook :) )
robert allison
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Truck » Thu 04 May, 2017 9:10 am

hi guy,s iam doing the heysen trail so if you feel like giving sections of that a go give me a yell and see where iam up to
Truck
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Dougy_101 » Mon 29 May, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi there, Truck-Whitefang and Robert

Posts look the goods. If you want a trekking buddy hit me up. I'm good for 30km days but have a child which may prevent all available trips. Otherwise have a positive attitude, 35 years old, good sense of humour and reliable with decent gear and fitness.

FB profile
https://www.facebook.com/justice.brown.378
Dougy_101
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport