Bibbulmun - Walpole to Peaceful Bay

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Bibbulmun - Walpole to Peaceful Bay

Postby stump1100 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 11:26 am

I recently took the opportunity whilst in WA for work to take some time off and walk from Walpole to Peaceful bay on the Bibbulmun track. Firstly I must recommend the Walpole Lodge, simple accommodation, friendly hosts who picked us up at the end of the trek free of charge. I'm not sure how long they will do that for free..I was happy to pay for this service just not $40 as was quoted elsewhere.

The terrain wasn't all that difficult but we did find that we carried too much so lesson learnt for next time. Some storm damage saw us going under and over trees across the track which go a little tedious but it's part of the "fun".

The huts are first class! I carried my tent but never got to use it, we had two hut to ourselves but the last day at Rame Head was interesting as we were inundated with Yr12 students and teachers doing some outdoor Ed. They were well behaved and it was quite entertaining!

The last day was the best for views, walking on the beach sand and rocks was difficult at times but pods of whales and seals made up for it. For spectacular views it doesn't compare with other places but I have only seen a 63km section so I can't be too critical - the experience was good and the stories you read in the log books in the huts are quite interesting.

I will be back to do other sections - not sure about end to end yet - need to repair a busted calf muscle first!
stump1100
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory