Wilderness Ocean Walk and Ride Path

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Wilderness Ocean Walk and Ride Path

Postby Aushiker » Wed 08 May, 2013 8:37 am

Cycle the Munda Biddi Trail is reporting that the Shire of Denmark has received Federal government funding to build a dual-use cycling and walking trail from Ocean Beach to Lights Beach near William Bay. Cycle the Munda Biddi Trail are suggesting that the proposed trail is tentatively titled the Wilderness Ocean Walk (WOW) and Ride Path and it is planed to be completed by 2014.

My understanding is that it will allow for the Munda Biddi Trail to be realigned away from Lights Road and allow the Trail to connect back up with the current alignment at Lights Beach and Ocean Beach. This would definitely enhance the Trail in this area for sure.

This may also result in the Bibbulmun Track being realigned as well. At the moment the Bibbulmun Track leaves the coast just to the east of Lights Beach and takes walkers over Mt Hallowell before descending into Denmark.

The map is of the current alignment of the Munda Biddi Trail and Bibblumun Tracks in the area.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Re: Wilderness Ocean Walk and Ride Path

Postby FritzHilpert » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 7:03 pm

Piggy backing off an existing thread...

Anyone cycled the entire Munda Biddi trail? I am looking at doing a few sections of it to get onto the bikepacking wagon.
FritzHilpert
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Re: Wilderness Ocean Walk and Ride Path

Postby Aushiker » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 4:45 pm

FritzHilpert wrote:Piggy backing off an existing thread...

Anyone cycled the entire Munda Biddi trail? I am looking at doing a few sections of it to get onto the bikepacking wagon.

I have. Main blog post here. Probably best place to discuss is in the Australian Cycling Forums.

Andrew
Andrew
Aushiker

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory