Desktop version
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Kelmscott NW 25K Map to GPS?

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 7:30 pm

I have the G Harewood 25K series of maps for WA on oziexplorer that i use for 4WD camping and touring and would like to have the ability to put these sheets onto my Garmin 62 when I want to walk in an area. I have downloaded the 250k kmz series and these are better than what came loaded onto the Garmin but not anywhere near as useful as 25k maps.

Does anyone in WA know if this series is available to suit the garmin (I believe they need to be kmz?) have them converted already and would be willing to share or have the ability to convert the ones I have and I can share my maps with you in return?

Frustrating not being able to use the best maps I have!

Re: Kelmscott NW 25K Map to GPS?

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 4:40 pm

Here is a link that might help you

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/arch ... 19710.html

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 6:19 pm

Thanks, interesting that Greg Harewood replied to that thread and it is his map I am trying to convert. I was trying to track down his number today to give him a call, will have to try the map and chart shop again tomorrow.

Sun 04 Feb, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Burnsy,
Wondering how you got on with transferring these oziexplorer maps to your GPSMAP 62?
I’ve just updated to a GPSMAP 64 after running map free GPS (foretrex 401) & looking to do the same with the SW 25k maps.
Did you find a program to convert ecw files to kmz?
Todd
(In Lesmurdie...)

Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:50 pm

No sorry Todd I gave up in the end.

Cheers,
Burns
(..... in Kalamunda
)
Post a reply