Cape to Cape Over Easter

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Cape to Cape Over Easter

Postby Vixair » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi,

planing to hike the cape to cape North to south over Easter. Potentially going to do it solo. Not really sure if I should be packing food for 7days? Is there anywhere close to the track to get supplies? Any recommendations on a meal plan? I don't have a food dehydrator. At this stage Im planing to fly over from NSW pick up my food in perth and catch a bus down to the track/Dunsborough .Is the track sign posted? Is there access to phone reception in case of an emergency? Any recommendations on overcoming leg chafing?

Cheers, Vix
Vixair
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Cape to Cape Over Easter

Postby Burnsy » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 11:19 pm

Mobile reception is patchy, telstra is your best bet. Most of the area is set up for the non walking tourist so I would not expect to get dehydrated packs or gas canisters along the way, however others may be able to advise on specific stockists but i have not seen any while visiting towns and settlements it passes through.

As for chafe I suffer it and have found the only thing that works for me is removing the hair on the upper inside of my legs by pulling it out, shaving makes it worse. With hair removed I get no chafe. Exofficio 6 inch style underwear also helps but i am an advocate of commando unless it is real cold.
Burnsy
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Western Australia

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory