Please fill out the WA best walks survey

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Please fill out the WA best walks survey

Postby eva » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi

I'd like to ask all forum readers, who are from WA or have been walking there to please complete the following survey (and share it around). You will help greatly with the Best walks in WA article so your help is deeply appreciated.
Please follow this link http://wild.tl/4

Thanks for your help,
Eva
eva
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: wildwalks
Region: Australia

Re: Please fill out the WA best walks survey

Postby Hallu » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 9:56 pm

There's no "other" section for people living outside Australia unfortunately. Also, it is genuinely hard to find 3 great walks in WA if, like me, you've only seen the Pilbarra (Perth to Karratha). The scenery is amazing, but the walks are too short and there aren't many. For example, Millstream-Chichester could have great walks, but one is ruined from being next to some water plant for mining, another (the Camel trail or something) is one way only. In Karijini, it's a mess of short walks, and there's no info on how to make a long day walk connecting all of them. In Kennedy Range, a great long marked track on the plateau would be amazing. And in François Péron there's nothing appart from very short walks. I understand it's mostly 4WD country for grey nomads who don't hike very far anyway, so the tracks reflect that, but it is becoming a backpacker destination now, so longer tracks for avid bushwalkers should be considered.

I'm pretty certain that this survey will have 90% of the entries for walks South of Perth.
Hallu
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory