Black Hill + Surrounding trails

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Black Hill + Surrounding trails

Postby LoaferBread » Tue 18 Jul, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi all,

I'm a regular walker up Black Hill and the surrounding trails. I've never really come across the official names of those trails though. A good walk goes up to the top of Black Hill, then starts down Ghost Tree Gully trail, links up with the Summit Link trail and heads back around to the start. On my last walk, I've seen signs pointing out the "Banksia Trail" amongst others. Anybody got any idea about an updated map, or at least the updated names, of some/all of the trails around there?
LoaferBread
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: South Australia

Re: Black Hill + Surrounding trails

Postby walk2wineries » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:24 pm

Pretty sure the friends produce a map http://www.fobhm.org/. and .. isn't it at the Map Shop at Peel St?
walk2wineries
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Black Hill + Surrounding trails

Postby eggs » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:31 pm

In this case - a zoom in on Google Maps is very good with most of the tracks and their names.
They do miss a vey steep goat track linking the Sugarloaves Track with Tucks Track, but it is fairly obvious to see in satellite view.
I notice the Banksia Track is also part of the Yurebilla Trail

I have Friends of Black Hill map from 1991 which I love, and the Parks have put out a multi-page brochure with a lot of the tracks mapped out as well.
I have may have picked this Parks pamphlet up at Mt Lofty? I know they have had parks pamphlets up there in the past.
eggs
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory