Billop Bluff

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Billop Bluff

Postby naturelover » Mon 18 Nov, 2013 9:15 am

I had never heard of Billip Bluff until I read it on the club programme. That's one of the things I love about being in a club - it introduces us to new peaks. I assumed it would be a bit like nearby Dry's Bluff - along, then up a bit, maybe a bit of real climbing, and then vast views out over the plains below to the north and east. Fine. One point. Put our names on the list.

Only in the bus did I start to hear horror reports of thick bush and nasty scree - one club member apparently said he'd prefer to be at work, and he hates his job. Oh oh. My mental image switched to a long unpleasant day fighting thick, prickly scrub, then dancing interminably on scree as the summit ran away from us in the distance. I feared we would not even get to summit at all. Oh well, here we were.
For the happy ending to these strong misgivings, and for some pictures, check out natureloverswalks.blogspot.com
Last edited by naturelover on Tue 19 Nov, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Billip Bluff

Postby Paul » Mon 18 Nov, 2013 10:08 pm

I think you probably mean Billopp Bluff.

Paul
Paul
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Billop Bluff

Postby naturelover » Tue 19 Nov, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks so much for pointing that out Paul. I don't like errors like that. Funnily (ironically?) you, too, made a typo, as Billop only has one 'p'. Thanks to your pointing out my error, I've now changed the spelling in the title. Ta
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Billop Bluff

Postby naturelover » Mon 16 Dec, 2013 9:06 pm

Paul is right, not me, and he has the last laugh :-)
I got my spelling off the Peak Baggers' Guide, but have now checked other sources, and the name does, indeed, have 2 x p, but now I can't work out how to edit my own post to change the spelling. :-(
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes