Mts Patrick and Penny West

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Mts Patrick and Penny West

Postby naturelover » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:12 pm

We did these two mountains the Sunday before last. I tried a different route up Mt Patrick to the one recommended in the Abels book - a route that proved to be significantly shorter (and thus faster). There is a LOT of new roadwork around the area where parking is suggested. A GPS device really helped with the driving, even if not the walking :D
For a full report see natureloverswalks.blogspot.com
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Mts Patrick and Penny West

Postby north-north-west » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:21 am

You're allowed in there?

I went looking for a way in a couple of years back, but every road I found was signed as being closed for some sort of work on one of the lakes - Arthurs, I think.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous

Re: Mts Patrick and Penny West

Postby naturelover » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:52 am

If you read my blog and phone Imogen, she'll give you a key that opens all gates and then, yes you're allowed in. She's a very friendly lady, and although she doesn't own the property, is in charge of who is allowed to go in. (I think she said the owner lives in Denmark!) She understands bushwalkers and their whacky need to climb hidden mountains.
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes