Ben Nevis track

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Ben Nevis track

Postby billshep » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:01 pm

I have signposted the Ben Nevis track at the junction of Telopea Road and Schulhof's Road some 13 kms from Upper Blessington and also at the start of the walking track. I cleared the road and the lower section of the track which was very overgrown. I did not have time or energy left in the heat to do much on the plateau section but this is well cairned. No water at all up there in the drought, apart from a tiny soak where the route is close to the creek near the plateau. Hopefully the local walking clubs will do a bit to keep this route open, it was fairly neglected. A great hill with fine views.
billshep
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Ben Nevis track

Postby bluewombat » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:14 am

Thanks for this Bill, I was up that way last year and some extra signposting to the trackhead would have simplified life nicely. As you say a great hill with fabulous views
BW
Even a long life is short
HPB
bluewombat
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes