AV2 (Dolomites), AV1, GR5 and the Lakes

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

AV2 (Dolomites), AV1, GR5 and the Lakes

Postby naturelover » Sat 05 Sep, 2015 9:23 pm

I have now written up some of the walking we did in Europe in my blog, with pictures I hope you'll like.
We began with the AV2 in the Dolomites, as I had not completed it last time. It remains a work in progress, but I really don't care how often I do it, it is so beautiful!! As my husband with Parkinson's Disease was having trouble with some of the exposure, we switched to the less threatening, but equally beautiful AV1 (more pictures). Each has a separate blog entry.

We then went to England for a week to bag more peaks in the Lake district (that one is yet to be written up), and finally I returned to the continent (Bruce flew home to do the unthinkable and go to work) - this time to France, where I walked from Chamonix south to Modane. I've now walked from Lac Leman down through the mountains of the haute savoie and savoie, out the other side of the Vanoise National Park. Next time I hope to reach the Mediterranean.

I hope you like the reports and the pretty pics. Cheers.
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to International Trip Reports & Track Notes