GR5 (French section) Stage 1.

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

GR5 (French section) Stage 1.

Postby naturelover » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi. It is rather belated, but I have now written up and posted a blog entitled "GR5 (French section) Stage 1. Lac Léman (or Lake Geneva) to Chamonix." I've changed my blog URL over to wordpress, and in doing so, realised I had never written up this first stage of our GR5 trek. We did it in 2012, but the memories are still very fresh (and I keep a diary anyway). The 2015 stage 2, and aborted 2016 stage 3 were already there.
You can just go into the home page natureloverswalks.com and search down the new side menu for GR5 stage 1, or you can go in directly to http://www.natureloverswalks.com/gr5-1- ... -chamonix/

I hope you like the story and pics. It was fun for me, thinking back to the trip and remembering the great times. Unfortunately my husband wasn't well enough to finish off stage 3, but the track is a fabulous one, and not nearly as crowded as many others.
Cheers
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to International Trip Reports & Track Notes