Messmate track, Cathedral Ranges

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Messmate track, Cathedral Ranges

Postby Earwig » Tue 05 Jun, 2012 4:17 pm

I had a pleasant walk along the now officially open Messmate Track in the Cathedrals on Sunday. The walk started between the tape-cutting politicians and continued down the hill to Cooks Mill campground. Wanting to avoid the fuss I dawdled and ambled rather than walked or hiked and arrived at Cooks Mill after the other forty plus walkers. I also detoured around the Nature Trail to ensure I missed the crowds and took some pics of the river along the way.
I did meet one fun guy along the way, wearing a lovely red cap.

track 2.jpg
Red capped fungi of some sort

track 3.jpg
Little River

The Sugarloaf end of the track starts at the back of the carpark. From Cooks Mill, for those wanting to walk uphill, head along Tweed Spur Rd until you notice the track on your right about a kilometre along the road. Apparently the signs are in the mail and should be erected soon making it easier to find.
Live life moving around so when you're dead people can tell the difference.
MY HIKING BLOG http://ian-folly.blogspot.com/
Earwig
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes