Planning Buller via West Ridge

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Planning Buller via West Ridge

Postby aarob » Fri 14 Oct, 2016 9:41 am

Hi people, I've wanted to summit Buller in the winter for some time, so am planning on a late spring trip as a bit of a reconnaissance mission. Does anyone have a suggestion as to sweet camping spots? I believe dispersed camping is not allowed in the park...but any suggestions? Cheers
aarob
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Planning Buller via West Ridge

Postby Snowzone » Fri 14 Oct, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Aarob, There is a couple of nice spots lower down on West Ridge but nothing up higher. I usually make a circuit out of it and head across to Stirling that gives you a lot of options for camping near Howqua Gap or up on Stirling itself, then head out to TBJ. Only issue is you need a car shuffle for it. Corn Hill on the other side of Buller Village would also be an option that might work for out and back.
Snowzone
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Re: Planning Buller via West Ridge

Postby aarob » Fri 14 Oct, 2016 10:46 am

Sweet, thanks mate. I'll look into those
aarob
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes