Woodford Ck Circuit

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Woodford Ck Circuit

Postby kanangra » Tue 12 Jun, 2012 8:24 am

On Saturday I did a day trip out along Lawson Ridge descending to Woodford Ck and back along Linden Ridge then back across Woodford Ck below the dam to complete the circuit. It was a rewarding trip.

I parked the car on Lawson Ridge just pass the tower where the sign is. I took the track up hill which soon became single track which led past a frost covered hanging valley before rejoining the main trail. This proved to be very good going and in good condition. I imagine it would be well suited to mountain bikes.

This is a photo of the track in the early morning light.

The track ends about 1km. short of where shown on the map and a foot track continues but it too ends near the base of the final hill. I clambered up and this is a pic of the bush clad summit.

By walking out to the northern edge some views opened up out over Wentworth Ck.

From this hill I dropped into a small creek which I followed down to Woodford Ck. This was the most difficult section of the trip. Although it was now nearly midday the creek was very dark. There was also a lot of lawyer vine to slow one down, particularly on the descent into the creek.

I crossed Woodford Ck and ascened the spur opposite. No real cliff lines to really worry about although the cliffs opposite marked on the map were imposing. This is a view of the creek I descended from the spur on the way out.

Here is a view looking up Woodford Ck.

Once on top I followed the ridge and near the end veered a lttle east and picked up the Mt Twiss Track. Here is a shot of it

This I followed back to Linden Ridge to the resevoir and then down to the dam over Woodford Ck.

Here is a view of Lake Woodford.

From there I took the dirt road up the other side and along the ridge to this sign where I took the track to Burgess Falls

From there I made my way via Horse shoe Falls back to the suburbs of Hazelbrook and then back up to the car.

A very well worthwhile trip.

K.
Attachments
P6090533.JPG
P6090537.JPG
P6090538.JPG
P6090539.JPG
P6090540.JPG
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Woodford Ck Circuit

Postby kanangra » Tue 12 Jun, 2012 8:25 am

Sorry that didn't really work out how I intended? I'll have to keep trying. The photos were meant to be between the text?

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby johnw » Tue 12 Jun, 2012 3:13 pm

kanangra wrote:Sorry that didn't really work out how I intended? I'll have to keep trying. The photos were meant to be between the text?

K.

K - When posting click the spot in/between the text where you want the image before you click the button that places it there (Place inline button). To fix the existing post you may be able to edit it (depending on how long since posted I think). Just cut and paste each relevant set of [attachment]filename[/attachment] tags to its desired spot.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby kanangra » Wed 13 Jun, 2012 8:26 am

I'll try that.

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to NSW & ACT Trip Reports & Track Notes