Cemetery Beach, Narooma

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Cemetery Beach, Narooma

Postby Lorraine » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:51 am

Narooma is a beautiful spot. My partner, Ian has his motto " Taking you Places you've Never Been" on his card. This time it was my turn to do the research on my tablet as we drove along.
I spotted "Glasshouse Rocks Lookout", south of Narooma. I am almost reluctant to share this further it was such a tucked away surprise, out of the way and deserted but for two other people. There was actually no lookout, just some vague instructions about following a white fence at the edge of the cemetery. A very old, overgrown sign marked Cemetery Beach so we descended a not so used path. Maybe it was the very late time (and light) of day but the beauty and formations of rock on that beach will remain with me forever.
It turns out that the beach is bordered by private property (worth millions of course) so the only access to walk in.
Attachments
Cemetary Beach Glasshouse Rocks (1) (1024x678).jpg
One example of amazing rock formation
Lorraine
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Cemetery Beach, Narooma

Postby DarrenM » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 7:37 pm

Nice Lorraine!
I love discovering new places this way.
DarrenM