Jagunal Wilderness trip report - Kidmans Hut overnight walk.

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Jagunal Wilderness trip report - Kidmans Hut overnight walk.

Postby jobell » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello all,

I walked into Kidmans Hut from the Gungarlin River Camping Area overnight this week as inspired by Robert Green's book "Exploring the Jagungal Wilderness". I'm a novice off track walker, usually preferring to be able to see my feet.... but this was a good little start for me down this new "track".

I'm too slack to type this up on my blog and post a report on here so I'm going to cheat as I have before and give you the link to my relevant blog post...

http://ratherbebushwalking.blogspot.com ... -walk.html

I can see myself doing more exploring up there using the book as a guide. Many thanks to Robert for both the book and your advice when I picked it up from you.

Joanne
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R.Tolkien
jobell
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Jagunal Wilderness trip report - Kidmans Hut overnight w

Postby kanangra » Sun 26 Feb, 2017 4:48 pm

Great little report and nice photos. Good on you for getting out there and completing the trip.

K
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Jagunal Wilderness trip report - Kidmans Hut overnight w

Postby robertoman » Sun 26 Feb, 2017 7:33 pm

I know the forum would like reports, but (like me) some have blogs we write for family and friends and other groups. It can be so much easier to add a hyperlink. I usually bookmark the blogs and have a good read at leisure. Thanks for the blog. All these folk with so much good information. Thanks for the write up
robertoman
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Return to NSW & ACT Trip Reports & Track Notes