Deua/Woila area

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Deua/Woila area

Postby sandym » Wed 14 Jun, 2023 7:58 am

The road to Dampier trig is in really good shape having been freshly graded and Currambene Creek is low so easy to drive up in a regular vehicle.

The regrowth is next level. Much worse, although how that is possible I don't know, than last time we were in the area. Expect to average a kilometre an hour if you are doing well. Some sections are truly hideous, some not too bad.

The Tarlington track has disappeared, at least where it travels up the ridge. I can't imagine what the valley looks like!

We did find vestiges - enough to improve travel - of the old fire road that descended from Dampier Trig. I am happy to send a GPX track if anyone wants it as it will make your life much easier for the first 3 or so kilometres.
sandym
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Deua/Woila area

Postby kanangra » Fri 16 Jun, 2023 10:46 am

Sounds epic. Interested in the old Tarlington Tk.

K
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Warin » Fri 16 Jun, 2023 1:42 pm

Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby sandym » Sat 17 Jun, 2023 5:28 pm

The Bay Bushwalkers report is before the fires, 2019. We went down the Tarlington "track"in 2021, and it was all but gone. Two years on, there is nothing left.
sandym

Return to NSW & ACT Trip Reports & Track Notes